- Parking at Augsburg - PRINT your parking pass - Parking (with this printed pass) is available at Augsburg University from June 22nd - June 23th from 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. in Lot "L" only. A campus map is available here.
- Parking at the Courtyard Marriott - A public parking ramp is located next to the Courtyard Marriott for $20 a day; Valet Parking is $25 a day
Our host for "Our Rainbow Journey" will be Minneapolis, Minnesota. Along with its "twin" across the river, Saint Paul, the Twin Cities area is filled with attractions suiting all ages, including:
- The international headquarters of ReconcilingWorks: Lutherans for Full Participation (St. Paul)
- The most lakes an urban area in an urban setting in the U.S.
- The Mall of America
- The #1 Bike City in the U.S. (Minneapolis)
- Beautiful summer weather
- Two thriving downtown areas, including attractions like:
- The Walker Art Museum, the Minneapolis Institute of Arts, the Weisman Art Museum and the Guthrie Theater
- The Mill City Museum
- The Minnesota Science Museum and the Minnesota History Center
- Great restaurants of all varieties
- Micro-breweries and tap rooms where regional drinks can be enjoyed
- And much more!
Take time to explore all the possibilities that the Twin Cities area has to offer.
Augsburg is the only university of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America located in the heart of a large urban area, and considers the city its metropolitan classroom, providing boundless opportunities for service-learning, internships, research, jobs, and more. Augsburg engages with the city—with its neighbors, with arts and culture, with Fortune 500 companies and with all they can teach about its diverse, urban environment. Augsburg intentionally prepares students for service in community and church.
Augsburg University is a Reconciling in Christ (RIC) institution. As an RIC institution, Augsburg is welcoming and affirming of all people in regard to their gender identity and sexual orientation. Specifically:
As a college of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and as a community of the people of God, we believe that we are called to serve our neighbor, knowing that the world is often an unjust and unloving place.
We affirm with the apostle Paul that in Christ “there is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female” (Galatians 3:28). Christ has made us one. We acknowledge this reconciliation extends to people of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
We wish to make known that all God’s children are welcome in our community. We especially affirm that gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender persons and their families are our neighbors. It is for this purpose that we affirm the following: that people of all sexual orientations and gender identities share the worth that comes from being unique individuals created by God; that people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are welcome with the Augsburg College community; and that as members of this community, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are expected and encouraged to share in the common life of this college.
—Approved by the Augsburg University Board of Regents on July 19, 2009.
Most "Our Rainbow Journey" programs will be held in the Foss Center on the Augsburg University campus. Lunches on Friday and Saturday will be available in the Christensen Center. Please refer to the campus map [PDF] to see a campus lay-out.
University of Minnesota - Twin Cities Campus
The University of Minnesota - Twin Cities is the flagship campus of the University of Minnesota system. It is a sprawling urban campus made up of three areas: West Bank, East Bank, and Saint Paul Campus. The University, or "the U" as native Minnesotans affectionately call it, was founded in 1851 and has become a premiere institution in the agricultural, medical, and scientific research fields. It boasts a student population of over 50,000, Division 1 NCAA sports teams, and world class artistic facilities including Northrup Auditorium, Ted Mann Concert Hall, and the Weisman Art Museum.
Take some time to explore the beautiful campus that the University of Minnesota has to offer to the public!
I-35W from the North:
- Take the Washington Avenue exit. Turn left onto Washington Avenue, merge right onto Cedar Avenue, turn left at Riverside Avenue, and then turn right at 22nd Avenue South.
I-94 from Minneapolis:
- Take 25th Avenue exit, turn left at 25th Avenue, turn left at Riverside Avenue, turn left at 22nd Avenue South.
I-94 West from St. Paul:
- Take Riverside exit, turn right at Riverside Avenue, turn left at 22nd Avenue South.
35W from the South:
- Follow the I-94 St. Paul signs (move to right lane after each of two merges). Take 25th Avenue exit and turn left at Riverside Avenue, turn left at 22nd Avenue South.
The MetroTransit light rail runs from both terminals of the MSP Airport (Terminal 1/Lindbergh & Terminal 2/Humphrey) to the Franklin Avenue Station on the Blue Line, only 0.45 miles from Augsburg College. For more information on public transportation, visit Metro Transit.